To provide a regional platform to enhance inter-ministerial, multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder cooperation, increase knowledge and understanding on circular economy, provide capacity building and technical assistance for the development of public policies for circular economy and sustainable consumption and production.
Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean have started to move from a linear to a circular economy model, decoupling economic growth from environmental degradation and resource use, while improving human well-being, ecosystems regeneration and prosperity for all, contributing to the achievement of the Agenda 2030 and Paris Agreement.
1. Create a common agenda and regional vision on circular economy.
2. Advocate and raise awareness at the local, national, regional and the global level.
3. Facilitate South-South and North-South cooperation.
4. Development of tools and indicators.
5. Facilitate and offer capacity building opportunities.
6. Implement pilot projects and enhance alliances and partnerships.
7. Support resource mobilization to adopt circular economy in the region.
8. Facilitate cooperation and knowledge sharing with other actors.